Okay people, so I got my firrrrrst blogging ‘award’, courtesy my dear blogger friend R’s Mom, who decided to confer upon me the title of ‘The Vesatile Blogger’. Yes, yes I know everyone in the blogosphere has received this award several times over in the last couple of months (it is only natural since every recipient is expected to nominate no less than fifteen fellow bloggers, and one nomination is enough for you to claim this ‘award’ 🙂 ) but hey, it is still special to me because, like I told you, it still is my firrrrst!!! I am pleased as punch! Thank you R’s Mom!!
Now for nominating fifteen fellow bloggers….FIFTEEN? I wonder if I even know that many! Let me see:
1.Indian Homemaker– Say blogger, and I think IHM. One 0f the most respected bloggers on the blogging scene in India. Writes with amazing clarity, conviction and sensitivity. Her blog is the site of feverish discussions on a range of topics related to gender equality.
Bhagwad– His posts provide much food for thought. You might or might not always agree with his somewhat radically liberal views but the manner in which he argues his case and the way he engages in lengthy debates with commenters is very impressive.
The Bride, Gounder Brownie, Careless Chronicles–It is sheer pleasure reading these wonderfully gifted bloggers. Gounder Brownie has also published a number of children’s books which I am eager to check out.
Celestialrays–Discovered her only recently and have absolutely loved what I have read so far.
R’s Mom–Be warned, RM’s blog is addictive !! It is dedicated to chronicling her everyday life as a working mom and she does it amazingly well. Her posts leave me a little breathless and more than a little in awe of this superwoman who manages to pack so much in a day.
Shail–Spirited and blessed with a way with words. Never hesitates in calling a spade a spade. Apart from her regular blog , she writes two other blogs–one dedicated to her dog Luci and the other a collection of her poems.
Cynicallyengineered–Fantastic writer . I’ve often thought he could give fellow IIT(D)ian Chetan Bhagat a run for his money –his writing skills are any day better than Bhagat’s, and he is nearly as good at playing to the gallery;-) Currently on a sabbatical.
Fifteen, see!! Phew! This post contains more links than all my previous posts put together!
Now the award also requires me to mention seven random things about myself, so here I go:
1. I have two left feet when it comes to dancing but I can sing quite well:-)
2. The News at 9.pm on NDTV24X7 or CNN-IBN is pretty much all I ever watch on television, apart from a movie once in a long while. All my spare time is spent reading something or the other–books, mags, newspapers, blogs.
3. I have a rather pretty collection of antique silver jewellery–amongst my prized possessions is a pair of heavy intricately worked bangles originally belonging to my grandmother‘s mother.
4. I am scared of dogs. The other day my neighbour’s friendly Labrador leapt at me and rested his paws on my shoulders, standing on his hind-legs. I nearly passed out with terror.
5. I love the smell of Pears soap –it reminds me of my Mom.
6. Strong perfumes and pencil-heels are two things I cannot be caught dead wearing !
7. As a kid I used to be fairly religious but as of now I am not religious at all. I hardly ever do an elaborate pooja at home– just about a very basic version of one even on festive occasions — though I do visit a nearby temple with my kids every week. And I certainly never observe any fasts.
There, I am done! And now I get to display the Versatile Blogger Award picture in my blog post. Tada, here it is 🙂
Thank you RM!!